Mid Weight Retail and Restaurant Interior Designer
London - Permanent - £ Excellent
Avellio is working with a Central London based design practice that has won numerous accolades within the fit-out industry in recognition for being a ‘design-led’ practice, operating in the retail, hospitality and commercial space, with a client mix of large and small businesses, across diverse industries.
This role has been created on the back of spectacular growth in 2013. This is a broad role critical to the business success, involving design, project management and client management activities. Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will:
- Take responsibility for managing their own projects from taking briefs, producing design documentation through to fitout completion
- Mentor and supervise junior design staff and interns
- Check quality and accuracy of CAD documentation worBe a main contact point in communication for the production and delivery of design work
- The Successful Candidate Needs to have
- A minimum 3 year interior architecture or interior design qualification from a recognized university
- A minimum of 3 years experience, as a Retail or Restaurant Interior Designer or Design Manager, in a substantial agency, consultancy, in house retail design organisation or related business, working on retail, hospitality and/or commercial projects (NOT residential)
- Demonstrated commercial focus and client management skills
- Demonstrated skills in leading others and getting the best results out of people
- Demonstrated experience in independently managing their own retail and/or restaurant projects from concept to fitout completion.
- A track record of producing top quality work on time, within internal time budgets and client fitout budgets
- Proficiency with CAD; and ideally also with 3D modelling
This role offers scope, challenge, variety and the opportunity to grow with the business and be rewarded for results
Our commitment to you
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer with established high standards to ensure that applicants are not profiled according to gender, race, or personal orientation.
Avellio is acting as intermediary on behalf of our client in the search, selection and appointment of talent required to support this vacancy.