Our approach to Inclusion & Diversity
At Avellio we have an established candidate search methodology that guides us on diversity. This is measured by way of recruitment process audits, in combination with mentoring workshops with our clients and candidates. We also have a range of proprietary diversity training modules, orientated towards countering unconscious bias and promoting inclusive hiring.
Our methods are totally bespoke and formed around our clients business, we customise our processes and orientate them around the demands and needs of the client in order to meet head-on with the client culture and the wider business objectives.
- Diversity Resourcing Analysis: An audit is conducted on the quantitative and qualitative statistics in the client company to provide recommended actions to improve the diversity strike rate in talent mapping, attraction and on-boarding.
- Client Firm Mentoring: General multi-strand analysis and recommendations for enhancement, in combination with the implementation of a revised cross-function and cross-sector diversity and inclusion methodology programme to compliment the existing established internal processes enabling greater talent insights.
- Training Plans: A series of interactive engagement programmes that play out diversity and inclusion hiring scenarios which provide suggestions for improvement in the established D&I methods of the client HR business unit.
Built Environment Community Engagement
By harnessing our deep sector experience, established market knowledge, combined with our search expertise and knowledge that we have accrued over a combined 30 years of consultant industry experience we are uniquely positioned to provide an engagement platform for our clients and candidates to knowledge-share and network in an open community for the purpose of discussion of recommendation and improvement in inclusion and diversity hiring policy.
We organise frequent early morning and evening community discussions and networking occasions, hosted both by our partners at Avellio and guest speakers from client firms and the wider Built Environment industry. The underlying aim is to bring clients together in a neutral environment for the purpose of discussing current trends, opportunities and challenges in the Built Environment orientated towards skills and talent.
At Avellio we are guided by our maxims of being 'fair and open' with everyone that we engage with. Our strength and market position as premier resourcing partner to the EMEA Built Environment has been determined by the strength and quality of our relationships within industry and our ability to deliver on-time and on-demand.
When we undertake a talent search project on behalf of a client we take a 'partnership approach' to working with them, this involves a process of quantifying the cultural and organisational character traits that are key to determining the ideal make-up of a complimentary candidate. We understand with key hires that over time the brief can change around the nature of our clients projects. We ensure through a constant running dialogue and fa established feedback loop with our client representatives that we adapt our methods and this reconfigure our search to deliver precise and au courant solutions.
Our process has been constantly improved over time to become pitch perfect, but with the inbuilt flexibility to adapt to change pertaining to the demands and needs of our clients, candidates and the Built Environment community. We employ a process that ensures that the client journey is high quality right from the initial outset - from taking the brief, right through to successful delivery. We conduct ourselves with professionalism, integrity and with the speed and acuity to ensure that your business objectives necessitated by hiring requirements are met and exceeded, ensuring your continued success in a competitive, changing and increasingly fragmented market.
Our track record is augmented and evidenced by our track record for the successful appointment of key industry hires;
- Design Director, Luxury Fit-Out, London
- Project Director, Large Development Scheme, London
- Partner, Global Property Law Practice, London
- Financial Director, Large-Cap Global Design Agency, EMEA
- Financial Controller, Commercial Developer, Dubai
- Project Manager, Luxury Developer, London N2
- Asset Manager, Investment Fund, London
- Property Portfolio Manager, Financial Services, London
For more information on our Diversity and Equality practice please contact Sadie Cross on 0207 193 8080.