CONSTRUCTION - LEGAL COUNSEL
Permanent - London - £Excellent
Unique opportunity for career progression and broad exposure to legal parameters with a highly regarded client operating a full-service consultancy, with clients ranging from private developers through to housing associations.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced lawyer to provide broad legal consultancy on all matters of commercial property and commercial and residential development law. The legal business unit is comprised of 2 professional lawyers reporting in to Head of Legal, they act for a broad range of end clients, from Local Authorities, Grants and Funds Bodies, through to National and Regional House Builders on matters pertaining to:
- Freehold and leasehold acquisitions and disposals
- Site set-ups
- Development Contracts, Options and Agreements
- Option agreements and strategic land planning
- Promotion, Pre-emption and Overage agreements
- Site assembly for both brownfield and greenfield sites
- Consortium/collaboration agreements
- Planning, infrastructure and environmental issues
- Affordable housing disposals and planning agreements
- Mixed user site development
- City/town centre regeneration schemes
- Funding and related drawdown work
- You will need strong academics and a background in either Residential or Commercial Development work.
The Role is based in London (UK). You must have the right to live and work in the United Kingdom, with as a UK/EU National, or hold a Tier 1 Visa. The post is suitable for legal candidates with a minimum of 3 years PQ UK legal experience and offers a competitive remuneration package along with excellent career opportunities.
This particular role could suit a lawyer with commercial property experience seeking even further exposure to the multitude of topical legal aspects of working within a broader property consultancy.
The employment process will involve referencing and cursory background checks being conducted against applicants, as part of our shared commitment with our clients to ensuring that standards of quality and integrity are upheld (Avellio will not perform any referencing without an applicants prior permission).
Our commitment to you
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer with established high standards to ensure that applicants are not profiled according to gender, race, or personal orientation.
Avellio is acting as intermediary on behalf of our client in the search, selection and appointment of talent required to support this vacancy.