Commercial Real Estate Analyst
Permanent / London / úCompetitive
- Permanent Opportunity
- Salary + Benefits
Based in London, the Real Estate Analyst will be a member of the Commercial Real Estate (CRE) team within our clients investments division. This individual will play a critical role in supporting the underwriting, credit analysis, and due diligence of commercial real estate loans to be originated for the active investment portfolio. The individual will also assist in on-going monitoring of existing loans in the portfolio, and generating reports.
The individual will work closely with all members of the CRE team, and contribute to various team-wide projects. The individual should be a team-player and self-starter who is dedicated and motivated to excel.
This is an exciting opportunity to make an impact as a key member of an established and successful team.
- Underwrite new deal requests
- Work with Originators and mortgage finance correspondents to structure loan transactions that accommodate the borrower’s needs and are acceptable to the clients risk profile.
- Gather, organize, and analyze required information to ensure that due diligence has been properly completed and deals are appropriately structured, documented, and approved in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established guidelines and standards.
- Produce deal approval request memos in accordance with internal guidelines and complete any necessary follow-up.
- Interact with Origination and Closing teams, and Mortgage Bankers to resolve issues.
- Monitor the CRE Loan Portfolio
- Assist the CRE Loan Portfolio Management team with effectively monitoring the CRE portfolio, and flagging potential credit concerns.
- Produce reports on a regular and as needed basis
- Work on special projects
- Assist the Head of CRE with special projects and on-going reporting
- Represent the CRE team within larger Investments division as needed.
Minimum of 3 years of relevant finance or investments experience, including 2 years of commercial real estate credit and underwriting experience, preferably at an insurance company or bank
Superior analytical and problem solving abilities
Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
Ability to function independently, successfully prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects, and deliver with a sense of urgency in a timely manner
Ability to work well with all levels of management and staff
Willingness to travel when necessary
MBA/CFA or MBA or CFA candidacy